The Alka Ultra X - 4 Filter system is the non-electric alternative to a UV system,
taking effective care of rural water issues right at the point of usage in the kitchen.
The Alka Ultra X system removes bacteria, ecoli, giardia and cysts with a a powerful 0.01 micron ULTRA filter media.
This will give you great clean safe water & peace of mind
as it will take care of any health dangers associated with bacteria, giardia and ecoli
"Now my water tastes very nice ... and is safe !"
Complete Filter system to remove all contaminants in rural water supplies - incl Dual-source goose-neck Filter tap, a 4 way cartridge system: Sediment filter, Ultra filter, Active Pure Xtra 3Yr, Alka Spring, incl all parts: T-line diverter valve, pressure reducing valve, connectors, 1/4" tubing, wall brackets and pH testing drops.
The Dual-Source filter tap offers 2 different types of water: filtered water only & filtered alkaline ionised mineral water.
The 2 taps also offer you the opportunity to mix both water types by opening both taps which gives you half charge of wellness water with a reduced pH sitting between the filtered source water and the alkaline purified water. With the supplied pH testing drops, you can learn about the different pH levels with your source water.
The different cartridges:
1) Sediment filter: Sediment filter - 5µ micron, all inclusive integrated housing: comes with 1/4" connectors and wall bracket
Used as a pre-filter for rural water supplies to protect the Ultra filter or other filters from clogging up.
Filter life: Depending on the amount of dirt and sediment entering the filter - once it starts blocking the flow it will be obvious and then it is time to replace the cartridge. Latest after 18months.
2) The Ultra Filter offers excellent filtration capacity for water borne pathogens through its 0.01µ Micron filter media. The Ultra filter is designed to remove Bacteria, Giardia, Cryptosporidium, Ecoli, and other water born micro organisms and contaminants.
It has an inbuilt backflush system to maintain and extend filtration capacity and filter life, see installation for more info.
Capacity: 18 months usage (dependent on backflush being exercised every 6 months and a sediment pre-filter installed)
Working Pressure: 15 - 50 PSI (Please note: a pressure reducing valve is required for higher water pressures. See 'Accessories' for pressure reducing valve)
Installation/flushing diagram >> Ultra filter
3) The Active Pure XTRA 3Yr is a high-performance filter for excellent quality drinking water (FDA approved) for effective chlorine removal, aluminium and heavy metal contamination. It contains two separate purification media.
The first stage is the versatile KDF oxidation/reduction media which removes trace heavy metals, such as aluminium and lead, plus chlorine, prolongong the life of the second granular carbon stage. (Pentex product - USA)
Removal of organics, chemicals, tastes and odours. Very effective in taste improving.
Media Activated carbon with KDF: Content: 1 pound of KDF
KDF is listed by the US National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) as a drinking water component. KDF is bacteriostatic, meaning that bacteria growth within the media bed is inhibited.
MEDIA: KDF, Granular activated carbon
Filter Mesh size: 5 µ micron
Capacity: 47,000 Litres or 36 months - Hygienic Life 3 years
4) Alka Spring is an antioxidant composite cartridge which ionises and alkalises water with FIR (Far-Infra-Red) Energy beads and Mineral balls, introducing also active magnesium.
- It introduces fresh hydrogen into the filtered drinking water which offers a vast amount of anti-oxidants to your body
- It offers a negative Oxidation Reduction Potential which assists the body to reduce free radicals
- It raises pH of tapwater to approx pH 9-9.5 (depending on water source)
- It changes tapwater into smaller clustered water molecules for increased hydration
1. Far-Infra-Red Energy Beads: it is made out of natural infrared raw materials, which add maifanshi stone and seabed minerals that contain useful trace elements, manufactured with a ceramic technology method. In the Far-Infra-Red process, the organisms absorb frequencies of 8-14um which has 90%+ infrared emissivity. The released infrared energy can be easily absorbed, producing smaller water molecule clusters.
2. Negative Ion Minerals: The Alka Spring dispenses ionic minerals into the source water offering negatively charged ions.
3. Minerals and useful trace elements: The Alka Spring is adding to your water up to 90 essential Bio minerals and trace elements, such as strontium, lithium, silicium, zinc, selenium, calcium, potassium and other rare trace elements assisting healthy functioning of your body.
This 4-filter system has a flow rate of approx 1-1.8 Litre/ minute depending on water pressure.
Please note for good operation the water pressure should be 20-60PSI. If the water pressure is on the lower end of pressure (15-20PSI) the flow will be slow but it will still produce pure clean safe & healthy drinking water ! On the higher end it will give you good flow.
Sediment, Ultra, Active Pure Xtra, Alka Spring cartridges:
Working Pressure: 15 - 60 PSI (Please note: a pressure reducing valve needs to be installed for higher water pressures, which is part of the kit)
Working Temperature: 5 - 40˚C
In case assistance with installation is required, please contact us to offer you a contact for installers in your location.
Please note: It is recommended to check the pH levels every few months with the supplied pH testing drops.
1.- Chemicals with very high probability of being adsorbed by GAC - Granular activated carbon:
ff: Chemicals with very high probability of being adsorbed by active carbon:
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!